Wednesday, July 15, 2009

jam time

This is my first jam - just strawberries and organic evaporated cane syrup in the bread maker. I cased an adorable Debbie Olson gift set (found here) - I made mine with craft punches instead of nestabilities. To do the machine stitching I haul my grandmother's Singer out of the closet and grab an extension cord to set it up on the living room coffee table. My three-year-old gets a total kick out of every step!


The jam topper is my own design - I like the little stamped expiration date. I'll think I'll add a ribbon around the jar with a bow & button embellishment. The jam turned out like very thick honey (sugar content too high - but it didn't call for any pectin). I'll try a fruit preserves next time.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps- PTI Fruitful, Fruitful Sentiments, Borders & Corners - Circle, Paper Tray, Simple Alphabet
Paper- PTI avocado, poppy, stamper's select white, Bitty Dots & Bitty Box patterned paper
Ink- PTI poppy, avocado; Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink
Ribbon- PTI red grosgrain; jute
Tools- Marvy punches: giga scalloped square, mega circle, extra jumbo circle; Multi-tags punch; Fiskars pinking shears & small scallop scissors; sewing machine; sandpaper; sponge dauber
Other- PTI leaf buttons; scor-tape

No comments: