Thursday, April 17, 2014

girl scout leader's day (+ father's day)

Talk about preparations, in the next five days we've got Easter, Earth Day and... Girl Scout Leader's Day!
I haven't had much crafty inspiration lately, but finding the cute T-shirt below got my creative juices flowing again:
(photo credit Girl Scouts San Diego)

The shirt I found is a lighter purple and the lavender print is GLITTER! I made a fun patch into a mini-card for the leader's daughter by cutting a window out of the card front.

The gift wrap came together by scrounging through my stash - don't you love that?  Of course, the sticker hides a rip in the bag :)

I wanted a badge card again, which is a CASE of a CASE I did from Heather Nichols. I searched for her original card but couldn't find it, so here's my original CASE:
The card design is entirely Heather's.  The matching coupons set is mine (coupons were printed and sewed together inside a cover with a booklet wrap):
Upon further inspection I discovered only 2 coupons had been used!  But isn't that what always happens with these kinds of gifts ;)

Now here's the freshened-up Girl Scout version:

The badges have a light border stitching from the Daily Designs.  I hand stamped 'LEADER'S' (in case that wasn't already obvious :) ) then masked off 'Happy Father's Day' to create the font strip. I'm wondering why I didn't use pop dots before?  The extra dimension is just what the card needed. 


So if you know a Girl Scout leader yourself, tell them thanks on April 22nd!  :)
Christy
xo

SUPPLIES: (all PTI except where noted)
STAMPS: Background Basics: Woodgrain, Masculine Motifs, Daily Designs & Joann's brand Studio G Series 3 Alphabet rubber stamps
INK: Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow & Versamark
CARDSTOCK: Kraft, New Leaf, Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria
DIES: Woodgrain impression plate
EMBELLISHMENTS: Plum Pudding buttons, Winter Wisteria twill ribbon
TOOLS: Marvy Super Jumbo (blue) circle punch, EK Success 1 3/4" circle punch

No comments: