Saturday, July 10, 2010

birthday season tags

Whew - this post has been molding in my saved folder for far too long.  Summer's here, but I'm still teaching for 9 more work days.  Just gotta hang in there!

Summer's one of those birthday season times of year.  To simplify the card making, I had three large manila tags sitting in my paper drawer, and voila!  I used Dawn McVey's Dotty Biscotti papers to inspire the color theme (which only ended up as a patch on the back) - C. picked the pink, orange and green.  Of course, I only photographed the first of the set. *bummed*  I never seem to get to b'day gifts in time.
The same swiss cheese border is on all three, and but the scalloped scissors used to cut the pink trim I substituted for dragon back with the boys' orange and green tags.  I stamped the koi from PTI's Masculine Motifs - in Tsukineko Pearl Orchid ink for a shiny, girly effect.  The sentiment is PTI Birthday Basics, letters are from a $1 alphabet set, and swirls are from the Basic Grey gamma series.  Cardstock is PTI Raspberry Fizz, along with the other ink.
The other two boy tags were a purple & green owl tag, and a red & orange robot tag.  Very fun stuff!  I think I love making tags - instant gratification!



No comments: