Thursday, March 24, 2011

thank you set

I made this simple set of thank you cards for Lee Anne, a fellow PTI Paper Doll friend who recently suffered a great loss.  Sometimes it's hard to know what to say, but a small gesture can let someone know they're in your thoughts and prayers.

I was drawn to the elegance of Beyond Border Basics in bright pastels and vintage cream with colored pearls to add warmth.  The background pattern is Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger stamped in soft stone.

the melon berry card

the summer sunrise card

the simply chartreuse card

 the aqua mist card

I've been spending more time cooking than crafting this week so I'll be posting soon about my new discovery, 'Once a Month Cooking'.  Very addictive for people that love to cook and organize!
 

SUPPLIES 
stamps - PTI Beyond Basic Borders Collection, Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger
ink - PTI melon berry, summer sunrise, ripe avocado, aqua mist, smokey shadow
paper - PTI melon berry, summer sunrise, simply chartreuse, aqua mist, vintage cream
accents - medium pearls
dies - PTI Mat Stack 1
tools - Copic markers (R05, Y38, BG18), Fiskars Paper Edgers scallop scissors
ipod - Cowboy Junkies

8 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Christy...this gift set is beautiful! I have thought so many times about getting this set but haven't but I like that vine image with the pearls! LeeAnn will love this set!!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a thoughtful gift for Lee Anne! These are classy and beautiful!

Sara Mac said...

Christy these are wonderful! I love the simple layout and colors. Lee Anne will be so glad to get these.

Lee Anne said...

They are even prettier and person and I am so very thankful for them. Lots of love!

Katie said...

These are beautiful! I need to pull this set out again!

Laurie HIMCR said...

GREAT set of cards!

Jen Carter said...

This is a gorgeous set of cards! Well done!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Oh my! I absolutely LOVE this gift set. Definitely going into my "to CASE" file.