Friday, March 18, 2011

ppd33 - baby card trio

It's been a busy and crafty week!  Lot of lesson planning (I'm off duty from teaching since the babies have 'dropped'), new home organizing (we moved 3 months ago), doctor's appointments/twice weekly 'non-stress tests' (36 wks now), crafting cards, and work on baby & family albums (I'm lovin' Project Life).

One special project was my first set of cards for the 'kids'.  We've long been a comfy family of three (mom, dad, DD), but soon we'll be five and we couldn't be happier! 

For our #1 daughter and big-sis-to-be, Caitlyn May, a glittered cupcake treat:
I love the cupcake liner pp from Pink Patterns.  And I couldn't believe I found the perfect flower buttons in berry and blush.  The polka dot top is glittered though hard to see.

(I got a migraine right as I was stamping the 'smiles' and adhering the diecut sentiment.  I knew it was coming because I kept thinking, 'Why can't I SEE right to get this straight?"  Then, bam!  Migraine.)


For Twin A, Dean Michael, our first baby-boy-to-be:
I LOVE this snail (stamped in sage & aqua).  The fun, wavy sentiment was the inspiration for the side border on all three cards.
A little practice at coloring with Copics, which can be trickier than you anticipate.
And for Twin B ('bee'), James Madison, our second baby-boy-to-be:
I had no idea I'd be cutting out the trail when I started but I just did it - and I love the surprise 3D curliness it has!  Thankfully, these don't need to be mailed :)

Room enough for a quick welcome note once the little guys arrive.

These cards were also designed with Leish's baby card challenge in mind.  Go on and join the fun over at the PTI Paper Dolls blog (link here).  I made a girl card, a boy card - and a gender neutral card, since I'm thinking multiples :)

xoxo,
Christy

Baby Card Trio 
stamps - PTI Baby Button Bits, Borders & Corners: Circle, Fillable Frames #5, Cupcake Collection; Basic Grey gamma series (tiny cupcake with cherry topper)
ink - PTI sweet blush, aqua mist, berry sorbet, ripe avocado; Versamagic sage, Distress Ink antique linen
paper - PTI sweet blush, aqua mist, spring moss, stamper's select white, Polka Dot Parade, Pink Patterns, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics, Bitty Box Basics
accents - PTI sweet blush, berry sorbet, aqua mist, spring moss & lemon tart vintage buttons, rustic jute button twine; Crystal Glitter multi ultra-fine
dies - PTI Fillable Frames #5
tools - Copic markers (BG18/13/11, YG 95/93, T1, 0), Marvy giga circle punch (purple), EK Success border punch
ipod - Deee-Lite

14 comments:

Dana said...

Oh my word Christy, I don't know where to begin. I got all teary-eyed reading your post and feeling so happy for you and your husband and your sweet family.
I hope you are well and those boys aren't giving you any trouble!
These are just darling cards. I love the wavy edges and how they mimic something in each focal point. The cupcake button top is adorable and the snail trail and bee trail stole my heart.
I'm so sirry you experience Migraine...not fun at all.
My best wishes and good luck vibes are coming your way!

Renee said...

These are too adorable for words Christy...
I just love them!
Each and every one is so beautiful...the cupcake...the snail and the bee...just adorable:)
Love the colors you chose for each one...and the card edges are amazing....love the waves.
Hope you and the little guys are doing well...
thinking of you :)

Amy Kolling said...

I have been thinking of you and your little ones! I can't wait to see pics of your new "guys"! Take it easy and enjoy your daughter while it's just her!! Now to comment on these FABULOUS cards Christy! Seriously, Fabulous. I love how each is different but the same. That wavy border and the polka dot paper is perfect! These will surely be cherished!!!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Oh my, Christy! These are beyond cute! The cupcake is super adorable. Love how you paper-pieced the snail shell and raised it to give it dimension. Love the look of the cut out bee trail. These are fantastic!

Diane Jaquay said...

All of these are adorable! I have this stamp set but do not pull it out nearly enough :)

Jen Carter said...

These are just so cute!! Love that you did 3 with similar designs but kept them uniform too! The wavy edge with one layer popped up looks so cool and I love the images popped up too! Oh, and the polka dots too, so cute!!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

What beautiful cards! So soft and sweet.

Laurie said...

OH Christy, you are in my thoughts and prayers for sure! I bet things will go so fast now for you! I hope you are as comfortable as you can be at this point! So excited for you to meet those little ones soon!

Your cards are SUPER cute! I love the details you put into each one! That bee tail you cut is amazing! I love the polka dot paper peaking out of each one too! Great job on these! Can't wait to hear updates!

Laura Isham said...

These are so adorable! I absolutely love how you cut out the little bee trail. I will have to try that myself.

Love your boys' names. My middle son's name is Dean, so I'm partial to that name!

Katie said...

What a treasured little group of cards...I'm getting so excited for you to welcome your little ones and to see your family grow! What perfect names too...love them! I want to see pictures ASAP, okay?

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

These are so cute! I love the way you use the baby button bits stamp set. I haven't used it much, but this gives me much inspiration.

Sue Ann said...

I got it ....... James and Dean ........... I LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!! The cards are so so cute and the layout is just perfect!! I am so happy for you ......... I cannot wait for them to drop all the way :)

Kara said...

beautiful cards!!

IamDerby said...

These cards are gorgeous!