Sunday, April 3, 2011

ready for twins

A surprising ultrasound Friday!  The boys are all cattywampus and Twin B, with his marginal cord insert, is slowing his growth rate.  We're back on schedule for an April 5th delivery.  So before it's too late - last chance for pregnancy photos (finally, Tena!) & nesting ramblings. 

32 weeks pregnant => Project Life (turquoise) arrives!  Ok, it's more box than belly here.  I don't scrapbook but enjoy this way of documenting each week of the year.

33 1/2 weeks => at the baby shower.  Long time friends: Amy (with me the night I met DH at Bourbon Street),  Kiki (my Vespa-riding, UCSD-in-Hillcrest friend), and Jyothi (19 year friend since my arrival in San Diego). 

36 1/2 weeks => the family unit.  Posing in the bleachers at our first roller derby bout.  The belly is now a GIANT, low, protruding basketball, disguised in black. 

37 1/2 weeks => April Fools Day 2011.  The first day of swimming, the first day of shorts and sun exposure, the day of the ultrasound.

Nesting Ramblings & Four Top Finds...
On the first floor of our house is a newborn-ready living room with a hand-me-down changing table full of diapers, wipes, onesies, blankets, and toys. Nearby is a hand-me-down pack & play, bouncer seats, and a baby swing.  Both a breast pump and My-Brest-Friend twin are stationed by the couch.   

"My-Brest-Friend twin, I love you." (37 1/2 weeks)

By the door is the stroller, diaper bag, baby wraps & carriers.  We got this Valco on clearance, with 10% discount coupon, & no tax or shipping.

The kitchen has a drawer of pump supplies, storage bags, bottles, nipples and baby food packs.  Our hot & cold water cooler is always in use, and the pantry, fridge & freezer are full of good, whole ingredients.  The garage freezer is packed with freshly made then frozen meals.

Check out this surprise organic gift set from DH.  I love that man.  Love him.

Upstairs is the nursery, with a sports-Snoopy themed crib and room for another (we'll get it later).  The wall decorations aren't up, but the closet holds a TON of gift & hand-me-down clothes and toys (3m items are sorted on shelves and the 6m - 4T is washed, sorted & boxed).  The nursery's still a guest room with a bed ready for visiting grandparents. 

I'm going to LOVE these books.  One memory book per twin and a 3-month spiral notebook - each buddy has a daily record of Time / Bottle(oz) / Breast(min/side) / Diaper(wet/BM) & Meds/Other.  Extra lines for Appointments/Reminders & To Do. 

Lastly, our bedroom is the REAL newborn zone.  One side's ours with a king-size bed, cedar chest & chest of drawers.  One side's theirs with a glider & ottoman, bassinet, bouncer seat, and changing table (an arms-reach from a bathroom sink).  The diapers, blankets, toys and layette are stored here, with a 2nd Medela pump.

So, you can never be ready - but you can be well prepared.  Two days and counting!

10 comments:

Tena Tahirih said...

THESE PHOTOS ARE AWESOME!
You look SO GORGEOUS! I LOVE the pool side photo!
We can't wait for April 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

You look so radiant and beautiful! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the babies!

Jen Carter said...

How fun!! It looks like you are all set!

Lyann said...

aw ha! found you. Super cute blog. You are so amazing and so ready to have these boys. Wow you are organized.

Sue Ann said...

I am so excited for you ...... I feel like I am going to give birth:) Thinking of you ~~~ And by the way you look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sara Mac said...

Tomorrow's the day!! I'm so excited for you. Sending you HUGS and best wishes.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

I'm so excited for you, Christy! Tomorrow's the big day! I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of hugs your way.

BasquiatGirl said...

I am so happy for you!!! How did it go yesterday?? I almost called this morning but I know you are probably barely getting sleep with two of them waking up! But I'm thinking of you! oxoxo jennifer

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Christy! How are your new little bundles? I loved seeing how organized you were before the babies came! I'm not that organized and I'm not pregnant!

Kristin said...

Hoping you are enjoying the new babies!! Your pics are awesome! :-)