Some of what we did seems old-fashioned (minus the full-time working mom part) but we really loved it & feel good about our successes:
- Washed & folded cloth diapers. But no pins - we bought proraps seconds from the factory.
- Breast-fed until 14 months with no formula. I pumped at work every 2 hours, and she never used a pacifier.
- Cooked & smashed home-made organic babyfood (also never ate food from a jar).
- No TV/movies for the first 2 years. Then when we moved 3 years ago we never set up the TV (but do love our Netflix on the laptop).
- Slept sweetie in her own crib so we could keep our bed (and get some sleep).
As I watch ours grows, I know we're blessed with an outgoing, strong, adventurous, independent, willful, playful, young spirit - and I'm so happy about it.