Saturday, January 8, 2011

snowflake thanks

Do you love creating patterned papers?  I do!  For one thing, it's a good way to use a lot of the stamps in a set.  It always feels better to ink up stamps to use, not just collect :)  For inspiration, I used a simple card from Niki Estes (link here) just tweaked a bit.  I think she totally nailed the dove and Fillable Frames #8 combination.
I needed some thank you cards so I stamped a grouped block of sentiments from Inside & Out: Thank You.  I filled in gaps with snowflakes in various sizes and hues of blue.
Blueberry sky and enchanted evening look so rich and gorgeous to me, and they pair nicely with rustic white and smokey shadow edging.
This sentiment from Star Prints is one of my all time favorites.  The dove is glitter embossed so it's shiny and sparkly.
I love this pearlescent electric blue because it's so bright and shimmery in person.  Yay - that's four special cards to thank four special people!

xoxo,
Christy

SUPPLIES:
stamps - PTI Peace Be Still, Inside & Out: Thank You, Fillable Frames #8, Star Prints, Rustic Snowflakes ('Handmade by' image on back of card)
paper - PTI blueberry sky, enchanted evening, rustic cream
ink - PTI spring moss, enchanted evening; Tsukineko Brilliance sky blue ink
accents - PTI blueberry sky saddle stitch ribbon; glitter embossing powder
tools- PTI Peace Be Still die, Fillable Frames #8 die

3 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Perfect ....... I love the background Thank YOu paper ..... What a wonderful card!!!

Tena Tahirih said...

YAY! LOVE THESE!

Unknown said...

Now THAT is awesome - because you're one of those beloved special four people! I love you!