Sunday, July 8, 2012

baby train

Choo choo!  Baby train.  

A little friend turned one so I cranked out this card.  I've known about the party for weeks but couldn't get in gear to make something until, oh, last night.

The train track border is pink shimmer cardstock and twill ribbon colored with a Copic.  My sweet blush ink is the old spongy pad formula and it doesn't photograph well - I had to jack the photo up pretty good.  Love the flower/smoke idea from the PTI tip sheet (saved it into Evernote before the website switched).  And I just had to have a flower tag tied with a silk ribbon even though it made the card heavy in that corner.  So I balanced it out with some silver-lined clouds.  Only they take your eye away from the flowers, so.. :(  Still, I can live with it.
Here's another idea for when I get a good pink ink with better coverage... kiss the pink inked alpha-block stamp with a tiny floral pattern stamp to get floral detail on the letter blocks.  Ooooo. That would be cool.

Hope you're enjoying summer!  We went to a party at the bay in San Diego and I expected hot weather but it was quite cool.  I think we're in for the heat soon but so far it's been mellow here.

xoxo, 
Christy
SUPPLIES:
stamps - PTI Train Tracks, Alpha-Blocks, Honey Bees; Basic Grey gamma series stamps (flowers)
ink - PTI sweet blush, true black
paper - PTI pink shimmer, stamper's select white, Bitty Star Basics
dies - PTI Train Tracks, Alpha-Blocks
accents - PTI white twill ribbon; border punch, pearl accents, heart confetti, Copic

5 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness, this card is just so sweet. I love all of the pink and your clear clouds, just so clever. Your smoke trail of pink posies is so adorable, it just ozzes sweetness.

Sue Ann said...

CUTENESS~ I love the train used for a girl!!! The whole card is just adorable!!!

Joyce said...

Yummy pink goodness. This card is so cute.

carol (krillsister) said...

Adorable. Love those pearls and the clouds and the ribbon.

Jen Carter said...

Awwww! This is so sweet! I love how you created the clouds! How can you go wrong with lots of pink! Cute!