Sunday, May 17, 2009

cards







These are total reproductions, but I LOVE them. Fun cards for a very good friend with an engagement and a birthday around the holidays. The originals are from Nichole Heady here (scroll down over 3/4 of the way - you can't miss the bee bling), and Debbie Olson at the Papertrey Ink gallery here.

I loved these designs so much that I did an adaptation of the bee card as a thank you, and will be doing a version of the engagement card soon!

SUPPLIES:
Bee Card - Papertrey Ink Honey Bees & Around and About Sentiments stamps; Raspberry Fizz Mix & Black and White Basics patterned paper; raspberry, black and white cardstock; and raspberry grosgrain ribbon. Black Color Box ink, bling is from Michaels and the punch is a Marvy extra jumbo circle.

Engagement Card - Papertrey Ink Sweet Love stamps. Paper is 12x12 ivory, black and grey (I didn't know about card-maker quaity paper - the card was already buckling!) from Michaels. Black Color Box ink is heat embossed with Creative Beginnings embossing powder. Other inks are Silver Color Box and Niagara Mist VersaMagic. Bling and grey satin ribbon from Michaels. Ivory stain ribbon is from my stash. I didn't have a ticket corner punch, so I created a template to make the corner cuts - and they are oh so icky when you zoom in! Hey, it's all about the process, people.

No comments: